a particular day

June 19, 2005

Wedding Party

A stolen moment

So I'm eating my soft serve and whatnot after a trip to Best Buy wondering, okay -- does my computer like DVD+R's or DVD-R's? Turns out, my Mac is quite picky and hates both of this particular variety. I guess I have to buy Apple branded media. (insert grumble)

Anyways, this hoooooooge stretch Ford Excursion with "Just Married" pulls up the front of the dairy bar and out pops a wedding party jamming to some Missy Elliot song or something.

The owner comes out and asks for a photo and I immediately take the cue to hop in the car and pull around the building. I mean, how often do you see this?

There I am, stopped with my window down behind the owner of this joint and I frame up the photo while one of the groomsmen yells, "Thanks." with a tone.

I hope their wedding was as good as my bar-b-que sandwich, 'cause it was pretty good.

(Full photo)

Filed in: Miscellaneous |

« The day before | The Last 10 | The day after »

Comments

Hey, I think you missed out on the best part of this photo. In Yiddish or maybe Hebrew, putz means literally penis and is used as slang for jerk. So Putz's Creamy Whip becomes an actually gross name for ice cream, but funny. You couldn't sell this stuff in any large city, that's for sure. Gave me a giggle, though.

Posted by: PattyO | Apr 1, 2006 6:40:55 PM

Eventually I found out the DVD drive was just kaput, Bob Dole... And the new laptop accepts both.

Posted by: chris glass | Mar 1, 2006 3:34:40 AM

it will say in the system profiler whether it supports DVD-R or DVD+R or both. In particular the only ones I've ever had problems with are the cheapest of the cheap CompUSA branded ones...other stuff has worked fine for me (thought eventually I switched to using Toast since it seemed more reliable than the built in burning)

Posted by: Bob Dole | Mar 1, 2006 3:29:52 AM

Thanks for the tips guys.

Posted by: chris glass | Jun 23, 2005 2:19:29 PM

dvd+r's are especially evil.
i found the best success with Imation dvd-r.
make sure you use the latest version of toast and when burning, set Buffer Underrun to On. also, make sure you have ample amounts of hd space when burning (to avoid any caching-burning issues).

Posted by: neal gardner | Jun 21, 2005 7:26:18 PM

hopefully helpful note: my mac loves TDKs, both + and -.

it despises memorex and imation.

Posted by: johnny | Jun 20, 2005 10:39:50 PM

See the last 10 days, or explore other parts of my site...

home | favorites | travel | photos | timeline | links | feeds | about | contact