Blame the Cosmonaut
1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
A good chunk. More on an external drive.
2. The last cd(s) you
bought acquired… (I’m gearing up for record store spree, I promise)
– The Eels “Blinking Lights…”
– Nikka Costa “Can’tneverdidnothin'”
– Architecture In Helsinki “In Case We Die”
– Spoon “Gimmee Fiction”
– Headphones Self titled
– Fiona Apple “Extraordinary Machine” (bless her heart)
(also, Tarwater, The Mountain Goats and Mike Doughty)
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
“Be Good To Them Always” The Books
4. Write down five songs
you often listen to or mean a lot to you you’ve played more than once recently?
“Mad World” Gary Jules (a cover of a Tears for Fears song that gets under my skin in a nice sad way)
“Air” The Owls (not Owls)
“Of Angels and Angels” The Decemberists (I can sing along to them with my nose stuffed up)
“Earthquake Weather” Beck (from his new disc)
“Live Like You Were Dying” Tim McGraw (shut up)
5. What new music are you really excited for in the coming year so far?
Stephen Malkmus, Flaming Lips,
Weezer (guarded expectation, edit: I only like one song), Gorillaz (ditto), Royksopp, Bob Mould, Kate Bush, Death Cab…, Grandaddy, Primal Scream (maybe)… (These taken from the most excellent upcoming releases page on Metacritic)
five people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Wasn’t it painful enough just to read this?
I’d be curious about the perspectives of some folks that don’t “blog” much:
Tommy D (master compiler),
Reenies Dad (his last mix from many months ago is still in my car)
7. What I’d like to buy when I go to the record store (I made this one up)
Lou Barlow “Emoh”
The National “Alligator”