- Taking separate photos for A Scene from My Life this week
- Incorporated recent surfing into personal site homepage (Not possible without Dave’s help)… Updating is ganz einfach now
- Realized the photo page on my site needed sorely updated
- Half debating, would I want a D70 or a 20D?
- Wanted to fill out the “Best of” Poll for our free press rag, but the form was too long
- Some new-to-me sites I’m enjoying:
- Core 77 design stuff
- Golden Fiddle trash i don’t need to know
- We Make Money Not Art for more of the same
- I’m torn on whether or not I need to know about Lindsay Lohan’s latest drunken binges, Britney’s life plans or that Deborah Gibson posed for playboy, but stereogum continues to make me chuckle.
- There’s so much about The Gates on the web, I wonder if I’ve already experienced it enough. But this photo seemed choice, thanks to ThoughtNot
- And for this holiday, a special valentine message (takes a while to load) via via kottke
6 responses to “These various links don’t open in new windows”
D70 for sure! I just got one a couple of months ago, and am in love, if such a thing can exist with such objects. But I have been shooting for 10 years and sold all of my other stuff to get it, its awesome!
I agree. I bought a D70 a few months ago. What an amazing camera.
A D70 over a 20D anyday. Obviously a very amateur opinion. I don’t actually have either camera but I just like the D70 better (why buy when you can ‘rent’ them from the university? also, you can ask for almost any kind of lens, provided you know how to use it!)
Are you going to get your camera online?
Wow, it’s unanimous. I’ve not heard one complaint for the D70. Thanks for your insight. I’m a tad worried about having to carry around a separate lens for macro, but the quality I’ve seen from this Nikon gets me excited.
Go with the 20D. Canon’s R&D and glass are superior to Nikon’s.
Of course, you should really:
1) go with what you are comfortable with
2) see if you can go with the kit your other photographer friends have.
The investment isn’t in the body, per se, it’s in the lenses.
Nik, I hoping to try the camera out in a store before buying it, but prices online (along with the lack of sales tax) is tempting…