A hat tip to Bryan for capturing my soul digitally with the above photo.
I’ve seen folks do these “100 Things About Me” exercises, and I always find them interesting. Problem is, I’m an under-acheiver. So I thought I’d just rack my brains for 50.
- My real name is Chris Glass, and often I wished I’d have chosen another moniker for online stuff.
- When I stand up, I’m 6’5"
- I usually wear a baseball cap, but I was never good at sports.
- I’m the youngest of four children: 2 brothers, 1 sister
- I enjoyed childhood.
- Except for that time I got a "body wave" in 8th grade (It wasn’t a PERM!)
- I once whined to my mom that, "I’m bored." She schooled me right there on the spot that there’s so much to do, and some of it is wonderful.
- I blame mom for burning a Big Trak in my youth, but we have no way to verify if I’m making that up, or she’s lying.
- My dad was fascinated with technology, gadgets, automobiles and goofball humor. I got that from him.
- My greatest feat in high school was to lead my class in making kick-ass Homecoming Parade floats.
- I’d often like to make floats again, or teach perhaps, or travel the country and sell stuff out of a van that VW hasn’t made yet.
- College was too fast, but going back seems unseemly.
- I went to one Buckeye game, we lost.
- I once was part of a nice small web design studio. Now, I’m kind of a freelancer.
- Fat Tire is my favorite beer.
- This is evident by my waistline, luckily, it is hard to get in Ohio.
- I also like Budweiser.
- Your mobile phone can beat up my mobile phone.
Mine just makes calls and acts as a watch.[ I now use an iPhone, it is everything and my alarm clock ]
- I am constantly losing my phone or its charge.
[ not anymore ]
- I believe in a higher power, and believe science is a different matter that doesn’t need to overlap.
- The abuse of typography gets under my skin.
- I can’t remember calendar dates of significance.
- I’d rather be in the driver’s seat.
- I still keep in touch with folks I’ve known since I was 5 years old.
- When I was 25, I was diagnosed with cancer.
- Aside from my glasses, I wear no other jewelry, aside from that earring I briefly had when I went to Germany and realized it made me look gay.
- I came out much later in life, and I say I don’t play for the other team as much as I sit on the sidelines.
If I gave you a tour of my digs, it would be over in 1 minute.
- I couldn’t grow a full beard until I was 29.
- If I was held at gunpoint and had to get cosmetic surgery, I would
have grafts implanted into the holes in said beardget liposuction.
- 25 things is starting to sound a lot better than 50 things at this point.
- I’m 33 years old as I write this. [ I’m 37 now ]
- I like to keep things simple. This is different than subtle.
- Curse as I may under my breath about keeping a journal online, I’ve truly made some lasting, world-view shifting friendships from it.
- I only know my checking balance because I just bought the new Grandaddy EP online.
- I believe in coyotes, and time as an abstract.
- I like to tidy other people’s houses.
- I sort my laundry into blues, browns/tans, whites and colors.
- If I cover up signs on horoscopes, I can relate to all of them.
- Folks I talk with all seem to pine for one thing: community.
- I pine for that as well.
- If a commune of awesome people doesn’t pan out, I hope to rule the canasta table at the old folks home.
- I have no life plan.
- Not a fan of mowing grass, but I like riding on tractors.
- I’m an awkward hugger, however, after much practice, I do it gladly.
- I like cats and dogs, but I don’t have any pets.
- In the back of my mind, I think I need more sun.
- I am a night person.
- Given the choice of urinal or tree, I’d rather pee under the stars.
- I enjoy adulthood, for the greater part.
Wow, you’re still here! Thanks for making it to the end of these 50 things. Explore other parts of my site to fill in the blanks (insert hat tip)
[ some bits updated 8/29/09 ]