The wash out station
Soon. So very soon.
There was one unexpected piece of the puzzle that required professional intervention—exhaust ductwork for the drying station—essentially, a big oven with a belt that sets the ink at a high temperature.
So that was installed just this week and all of a sudden we realized a better system for printing transparencies was in order. Instead of traditional direct emulsion, we’re going with capillary film. This rolls on like wet wallpaper to the screen and produces a very consistent surface for burning the image for printing. Heavy ink on transparencies is required though, so what we’ve used previously—a laser printer—might produce lackluster results.
The next post on this topic will yield some tangible result.