Green light. Bland caption.
In my effort to concoct some visual notation to accompany daily postings, I’ve found myself at a bit of an intersection. Perhaps this was because I saw this weblog and felt a few things:
- Maybe I don’t need to post daily. Perhaps I should only post when I have something to say.
- I’d like to have greater creative control to experiment more with the layout, categorization and archiving.
- I’m so anal.
I came to these conclusions.
- I’m trying to find some consistency here. A rhythm regardless of audience. I figure if I can accomplish this, I can tackle other things with similiar dedication.
- It’s not about design, it’s about content. Even if it is insipid. Worrying about layout is a good way to avoid writing. Though it does remind me how I could only write in matching bound journals with a particular pen back through high school and the nineties.
- Lastly, it’s okay to be anal.
In other news:
- Columbus gig has agreed to all budgets and it looks like I won’t need to forage for work over the next year. This is a great relief. With numbers out of the way, I’ve been particularly productive this week on all fronts. This makes me happy.
- We signed a one-year lease extension for the studio downtown after being completely honest with the landlord. They kept the same terms and simply modified our option and were pleased to get the signature.
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies for the XBOX should be renamed – Bored by the Cutscenes. Boo Rare, Boo.
- Also in videogaming news: Nintendo is idiotic for naming their latest GameBoy Advance game: Super Mario Bros 3: Super Mario Advance 4. This is completely moronic.
- Levis should be boycotted for changing the pattern of the 501s. Thanks for shedding light on this scandal, Pratt.
- The Strokes new album sounds like the last Strokes album, but the neato factor is gone.
- I am a consumer whore.
Link of the day: Computer Language Inventor or Serial Killer (requires Flash)