a particular day

January 25, 2009

Diagram of a fall

A representation of my Sunday

1) The log represents a pillar in front of the Original Pancake House.

2) The mannequin represents me after finding a patch of ice.

I made contact full force, with my ear.

My glasses and mobile phone (also in the diagram) survived completely unharmed.

Not pictured: My face drained of color in the emergency room, and the disapproving look the nurse gave when her leading questions revealed the fella in the waiting room was not just my friend. (Who I should mention, was a knight in shining armor during the whole ordeal.)

The doctor said it was merely a flesh wound, and I would live.

No stitches required.

I'm going to sleep on my side tonight.

« The day before | The Last 10 | The day after »

Comments

Are you ready for me to pick?

Posted by: Amy | Feb 3, 2009 11:20:20 PM

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone.

As for the nurse, I tried to be extra kind and affable. By the end I think she warmed up to me. Baby steps.

Posted by: Glass | Jan 26, 2009 3:08:13 PM

Lawsuit! Lawsuit! Lawsuit!
Weren't you just mentioning how bad your neck was hurting this morning...

Posted by: The Brown | Jan 26, 2009 12:54:34 PM

Oh, Chris. I love how you make lovely and interesting and refreshing lemonade from these lemons.

Also, your face will heal in time. Sounds like our poor nurse is going to need much more than that.

Posted by: the communicatrix | Jan 26, 2009 12:20:38 PM

Outch! (Love your diagram of the incident.) Hope you're not in too much pain.

Posted by: swissmiss | Jan 26, 2009 9:53:56 AM

That is awesome. Not the fall itself, but your multi-media telling of it. The story just lacks some karmic retribution for that nurse.

Posted by: Jp | Jan 26, 2009 7:56:15 AM

Disapproving looks? Really??? That's disgusting, you shouldn't have to put up with that :( Hope you feel better now though. Was it 'merely a flesh wound' Monty Python-style? LOL

And I appreciate the effort of the very cool diagram!! Nicely done

Posted by: minxlj | Jan 26, 2009 7:53:51 AM

Oh dang, dude! Sorry to hear. Glad to hear. (I like that line about the fella in the waiting room.)

Posted by: Ricky Irvine | Jan 26, 2009 12:50:36 AM

See the last 10 days, or explore other parts of my site...

home | favorites | travel | photos | timeline | links | feeds | about | contact