What was the first record you owned?
- 1st Record: The Disney Dumbo read-along storybook with 45.
- 1st Tape: Violent Femmes “debut”
- 1st CD: Prince “Sign o the Times” and The Smiths “Louder than Bombs” (I thought i was getting the maximum amount of music for my intial CD dollars)
Is there a song that reminds you most of your childhood?
Captain and Tenille “Love Will Keep Us Together”– I have to thank my mom for having that 8-track within my reach, (also included could be any ABBA single)
If your life was a movie, what song would play over the following:
- Opening credits: Billy Joel “Oh What a Night” (get the spirits up, then BAM!)
- Love (?) Scene (Very likely this scene would be cut to keep the storyline going): Crowded House “Into Temptation”
- Driving scene: Pixies “The Happening” or Blue Man Group “Rods and Cones” or Beethoven “Symphony No. 7 Allegretto” or REM “Half a World Away”
- Closing credits: Israel Kamakawiwo “Under the Rainbow” (yeh, that eToys song) or Clem Snide “Chinese Baby” or Grandaddy “So You’ll Aim Towards the Sky”
Name a song or concert that moved you to tears shivers:
Sinead O’Connor : “Sacrifice” from the Two Rooms tribute album or REM “The Wrong Child” as for concerts, seeing Genesis at Ohio State blew my mind, but I think that was the acid.
Name an Album that is perfect all the way through – No filler, no bad stuff:
Beastie Boys “Pauls Boutique”
Music you like that could be considered a guilty pleasure:
Hell, my whole collection, but I could say They Might Be Giants, just to sum it up.
If your music collection was about to go up in flames, which 5 CDs would you save?
- Pixies “Doolittle”
- Beasties “Pauls Boutique”
- and three others i chose at random
Is there a song that describes you or a situation well?
Ryan Adams “Come Pick Me Up” darn him for bein a so hip now.
Which underrated artist deserves more attention?
Ugly Cassanova (Modest Mouse), Flaming Lips (though Intel did catch them), Dandy Warhols, Soul Coughing (RIP), Trash Can Sinatras
Has a song or artist changed your life in any way? If so, how?
No single song or artist changed my life, but many shaped it…
What is your favourite soundtrack?.
The Muppet Movie
What is your all time favourite music video?
I don’t have a favorite, but currently Missy Elliott’s “Work it” is fun to watch
Current favourite radio hit:
Shania Twain, “Up” (gulp) – Hence, I often keep my radio off.