a particular day

December 28, 2005

kit kat kit kat kit kat kit kat kit kat

A birthday gift I couldn't let sit around any longer

Some folks know me real well, and I have to thank 'em for pegging me with a bagful of "limited edition" candy bars for the birthday.

I love this crap and I have no idea why.

I think they make me feel special, but I know I'm just a number.

With a typical life span of between eight and 12 weeks, limited-edition items are traffic generators and buzz builders. (says Drug Store news)

Of course, we don't get the fun ones yet, like the green tea Kit Kat. No, we get the one that tastes like those orange creamsicles or stale coffee. The mint ain't too shabby.

Filed in: Food |

« The day before | The Last 10 | The day after »

Comments

by the way Kit Kat is a biscuit and should be in the biscuit section of supermarkets.

Has anyone seen the kit kat family block of chocolate?
Is this an attempt to make us believe Kit kats are chocolates and not biscuits?

Posted by: comicmaster2 | Oct 8, 2007 12:15:04 PM

i tried pumpkin flavored kitkat a friend bought over from japan not very good .
i kept the wrapper it was bought out for Halloween but we don't really celebrate it here in Australia as solidly as elsewhere so i dont think pumpkin will kick on

Australia has had lots of flavors here that haven't appeared elsewhere. extra creamy were divine. and we had expresso flavor too. I thought the strawberry ones were way too sweet but still ok

Posted by: comicmaster2 | Oct 8, 2007 12:12:03 PM

I had the 'pleasure' of tasting another green Kit Kat flavor while I was in Cleveland for Christmas. It was a green tea Kit Kat, and I assume it's only available in Japan, since it was brought back from there by my wife's second cousin, on winter break from a gig as an English teacher. I didn't care for it, but it was not revolting as I expected.

Posted by: pmbuko | Jan 3, 2006 12:41:31 PM

I just finished a book called Candy Freak. The writer was crazy about the Kit Kat Dark, but alas it doesn't seem to have been included. The start of the book is laugh out loud funny, but don't feel bad if you move on to something better after the first few chapters.

Posted by: Jason Ahlers | Jan 3, 2006 9:43:24 AM

did you follow the green tea kit kat link to the chocolate-covered cheese link? weird... :P

Posted by: neal gardner | Dec 29, 2005 4:59:14 PM

oh, wow! i only knew about the white chocolate kit kats and i'm a kit kat lover! what's the extra creamy like?

and i love limited edition candy, too. and limited edition snapple-- the apple pie snapple was delicious.

Posted by: Amy | Dec 28, 2005 10:00:57 PM

If you like creamsicles, you'll like it I bet.

Posted by: Chris Glass | Dec 28, 2005 5:53:29 PM

Is the orange one any good? I love creamsicle!

Posted by: duane | Dec 28, 2005 5:46:55 PM